Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How Four Month Old Babies Are Like Cats



...or at least how mine is like my parent's cat, Duncan [although, I should say my mom's cat.  My dad would happily drive the cat and drop it off in near a fishing stream in Ohio without hesitation].

  • They are both intrigued by anything you dangle in front of them (string, paper, ribbon, forks, knives, etc.).
  • They both cry when they're hungry...
  • ...then eat as though they haven't had a meal in a week, even though you just fed them three hours ago.
  • They will both scratch you if you get too close to their face (no matter how many times a day you try to trim their razor sharp claws - and I'm pretty sure both experiences are like trying to wrestle an alligator. At least the baby doesn't bite... yet).
  • They're constantly spitting up something - milk, fur, dead moths.
  • They're both constantly judging you, but at least the baby will think you're funny once in a while. (Cats - think Miranda Priestly in the Devil Wears Prada as she silently judges people while peering over her glasses.)
  • They're both excited to see you when you come home. Ha. Just kidding.  Cats could care less, unless you're bringing food or catnip, and our little only gets excited to see me, I'm sure my husband gets the same response from both beings.

How Four Month Old Babies Are NOT Like Cats:
  • Babies want constant attention, whereas cats sometimes like to be in the same room, but please don't look at, talk to, or touch me, thank you.
I long for the day when our little one crawls under the couch and ignores me for 4+ hours.  When do they reach that developmental milestone?

No comments:

Post a Comment