Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome to my blog!  I'm only, what, 5 or 6 years behind the times?  I thought about starting a blog before I had the baby, as a way to keep out of town friends and family updated on our life with our little one, so I guess I'm technically only 4 months behind my schedule.

Wow, how life has changed in just a few months.  After a somewhat difficult pregnancy (think, head in toilet almost every day), we welcomed our little guy into the world on November 1st.

5 months pregnant
Welcome Seth!

To prove how excited we were and how much we loved him before he was even here, we decided to start searching for names while I was in labor in the hospital. I guess that's not totally true.  We had one other name that we liked, but never took the time to come up with other names. We're trying very hard to be loving and caring parents, but we also need to be ourselves, so needless to say, our little one gets mocked on an almost daily basis, and I think sarcasm will be his first language... hopefully we won't scar him for life.  I have a feeling that he's going to be just as goofy as we are. *proof below

* Eating the invisible floating hamburger. nom nom!
So, why is our little one being raised by sarcasm?  Well, my mom is sarcastic, I'm more sarcastic (which she appreciates now, not when I was a smart-mouthed teenager), so if that's the natural progression, our little one will one day be an even bigger smart-ass than I am, and who knows, maybe he'll end up being a famous comedian, or do something great with his skill other than annoy those around him. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. First.....the blog needs renamed as Raised by a wonderful mother with a great sense of humor that helped to endure me. Second, I never mocked you but I am willing to give a try, so be prepared :) I need to practice that giggle noise you make....not sure how to spell it.

    “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

    Lighten up Oscar.....I think our wit is clever and funny, perhaps we are not sarcastic just clever and funny, Nah!

    Happy blogging Betsy! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete