Thursday, March 14, 2013

It Could Be Considered Cute From a Distance...

Of course, that might depend on your definition of "distance".  In this circumstance, I'm thinking along the lines of you need binoculars to see it, distance.  So, for whoever is counting, this is twice in one week that I've had a craft "fail".  I think I had just a bit more hope for this one. My Sister-in-Law is having a baby in June. They're doing a nautical theme in the nursery, so I thought I would try to make one of those oh-so-cute "melted crayon" pictures that are all the rave these days.  You know, like this cute one:




So, I bought some crayons, because, really, how hard can this be? They're doing navy/gray/yellow as their colors, so those are the colors that I went with, and this is what I ended up with... 


Sadly, it's even beyond the point that it's so ugly that it's cute. Sorry sweet little nephew, I tried. One day, I hope we'll get to share a laugh looking at pictures of the terrible art I tried to make for you.  From now on, I'll leave all creative adventures to your other Aunt, who is 100x better.

Or should I wrap it up and give it to my Sister-in-Law at her shower anyway, and watch her pretend that she thinks it's cute in front of everyone so that I don't feel offended? Then, she'll feel obligated to hang it up in his room every time I come to visit :)  Or I could wait a couple years and give it to him and tell everyone that his big cousin made it for him.  This would sort of be cute coming from a little kid, right?

2 comments: